Re: Wnn problem

>> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:10:08 +0900
>> From: B0Ti <9915104t@example.com>
>>
>> Jim Breen wrote:
>>
>> >         - wnnstat can't find it, just reporting:
>> >            "$B%5!<%P$H@example.com$G$-$^$;$s$G$7$?(B"
>> >         - kinput2 can't find it, reporting:
>> >                 "Warning: ccWnn Object: can't connect to jserver"
>>
>> Is it really accepting connections? Try nmap. You should see something like
>> this in the output:
>> 22273/tcp  open        wnn6
>>
>> Or you could just run telnet through the port it's running at.
>> B0Ti.

I installed nmap, but neither telnet nor nmap can connect to the Linux system
I'm using.

Actually, I'm starting to suspect the lack of connection is the problem.
I was scanning a Solaris system here (nasty thing, nmap) and noticed it
has a Wnn6 running on port 22273. When I tried pointing my kinput2
client at it I got the same non-result. Is there some way kinput2 gets
blocked?

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of