Re: DSL In Tokyo

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:03:42AM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:
> Thanks simon!
>
> I read somewhere that NTT will be providing  flat-rate DSL services at
> JPY5,000 a month in Tokyo in December.
>
> does anyone know anymore about this?

A bit, from what my NTT employee brother told me last week:

It's supposedly SDSL rather than ADSL, and the advantage over Tokyo Metallic's
offering is that it works over ISDN lines. This might be a big win for those
of us who entered a deal to pay about Y700 monthly to get ISDN rather than
something like Y70,000 up front for an analog line. I don't know anything
about IP policy, promised bandwidth, service areas, etc.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/