Re: Self extracting archive

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 06:13:29PM +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> Ive seen it a few times, but isnt very common in linux. I know Quake III
> test was distributed as a single executable archive. How is this done?
>
> My guess is that the actual archive is appended to the shell script and
> is extracted when executed. Is that right? It would be convenient to
> have the configure or install script run at the same time as the
makeself (not a standard package) which happens to be maintained by loki

(oh and since my last post got /dev/nulled by slist)
the pkzip encryption algo (assuming they haven't changed it from 2.04g)
sucks big time.  Use it at your own peril.

--
Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group / SIGUSR1 R&D

PGP signature