RE: Split files?

 > You can also use tar with the -M option to specify splitting it among
 > Multiple volumes.

Hi, sorry thanks for your info about splitting files. I solved the problem
with split,
but your post gave me something I didn't know; I'll try it next time. Thanks.

But when I checked the man page for tar, it doesn't contain an -M option.
This is the OpenBSD tar manual below, but I don't expect tar to be so
different among Unices.  Is the -M option a standard feature in tars?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=tar&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html