Re: B5 laptop recommendations?

Scott M. Stone (sstone@example.com) wrote:

Scott> don't all laptops have a DB9 port?  oh yeah, they have some really tiny
Scott> ones over there that are port-deficient, right?..

Actually, most don't these days.  The Thinkpad 240 was the only thin
notebook we could find that had a DB-9. All the others had USB
serial ports.  They'd probably work, but "probably" isn't what you
want when you're 500 miles from your office in a "lights out" equipment
room and have to configure something, so a real serial port was one
of the must-have points on our shopping list.

Jonathan