Re: B5 laptop recommendations?

ITSUMI ken-ichi wrote:

> If you meant you want small linux Box with Serial port. There are other
> choices.
>
>   1) Computer Technica SRC-230 PCMCIA Serial PORT
>      It cost around 10,000 Yen.

thanks for that one, I hadn't even considered trying a non-"normal"
serial port. It keeps that option in case the rental company doesn't
have what Jonathan recommended.

> But I think you would be better to re-think wether you really need it.
> In most case there are some other better manners (IrDA, USB or
> Ethernet etc...)

The 9-pin serial port is a must for configuring routers on the run. Come
to think of it, why hasn't anyone come out with a laptop with an RJ-45
serial port? (Answer: Because everyone has to have their own pinouts.
:(  But then again if Cisco bought some obscure laptop company next... )

-grendel