Video (mpeg-2/quicktime, etc) on Linux

I'm looking for the best way to play video clips on linux within a web
browser environment (inlined and not as a separate player) or worst case
could bring up a separate viewer and position it precisely on the screen
without borders.  I found some bits and pieces on the web concerning apps
that can play mpeg but did not find anything about mozilla's support.  I'm
also unclear about quicktime support on linux.

Generally I'm looking for the following:

o inline integratation with mozilla
   Couldn't find information about mozilla's support for this

o high quality with good quality / file size tradeoff
   Willing to use any format that can provide quality and a degree of
compression

o integration with flash?
   Also has anyone had any problems with flash on linux or heard whether
macromedia will provide a plugin for version 5?

My sources are ultimately film and digital beta - I can convert this into
mpeg 2 or quicktime.

Any recommendations and considered opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan
E-Publishing Group