Backup on Linux

I have been backing up my work in bits and pieces onto CD-R, but more
recently the size of my work has grown and is now spanning two 35GB disks
(SCSI).  Thinking about the recent talk about disk failures on the mailing
list, it reminded me that I'm courting a disaster.

Are there any recommendations for backup devices or software for something
of this size?  I think 70GB will last for a while.  Probably won't need to
go beyond that for about a year (after which point will start using much
more expensive servers, raid, backup units, etc).

Even if the scheme was CD-R based, but automated to do either full backups
or deltas would be appreciated (the automated CD-R method would appeal from
a cost point of view).  Also as I have both linux and NT clients (sorry
linux purists), I don't care whether this is linux or NT based software.

Thanks

JS