Re: tlug: Re: MS ordered split

Linux for real men. Sounds nice.

Consider this situation. I've not used any opearating system at home
but linux for three years (it was a Mac before that). My kids go to a
friend's house and play very nice games on Windows, they come home and
ask me to install those games here. How can you explain kids that
Windows is bad and linux is good??? I'm doing my best. My wife would
like to use something an ms office like thing. She has to use linux
and its xterms, and I don't expect her to understand what's going on
behind the curtains. I like current desktop development even if it
hurts a bit the system itself.

You say linux is for real men? If it's nice and great and efficient it
should be everything to everyone. The philosophy of UNIX is: small
efficient kernel, and various programs on the top of it. What wrong
with games for linux? Real men don't play games, I agree but other
linux users? C'mon guys...

Viktor

     CS> Chris doesn't play any games anymore [...]
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA