Re: [Lingo] Passion/Passions

On 27 June 2014 13:05, Nguyễn Vũ Hưng <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:

> I have googled a little bit but did not get what I want.

Try a good dictionary.

> alc.co.jp explains that there is a subtle nuance between the words but I
> could not get the point.

Try a GOOD dictionary...

> So, my question is:
> What are the differences between Passion/Passions?

"passions" is the plural of "passion". How it works depends on the
context, which you didn't provide. The OED has 9 different senses
in three groupings for "passion".

Q; What are Jim's passions?
A. Listening to Wagner and pulling the wings off flies.

That's an example of the OED's sense #9: [a strong
enthusiam for a (specified) thing]

Good luck

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University