Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:17:56 -0800
- From: s smith <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] 件（けん）
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091204 Thunderbird/3.0
Hi. Can someone help me understand this character?
It looks like as けん it is used as a counter but I can't quite narrow down for what. I first noticed it on a yahoo page where it appeared as 「画像あり（全 1件）」. From there I went to WWWJdict and Yahoo 辞書. One of the examples on Yahoo 辞書 was
先月殺人が2件あったAnd a search on ALE for １件 brought up lots of examples, many of which seem to translate to 'per' but a few look like they're being used as counters. A search for ２件 also brought up lots of hits.
There were two murder cases last month.
Counters still confuse me a bit, but this doesn't seem to fit the usual pattern. What's going on here?? Is 件 just a generic counter when used with a number?
- Re: [Lingo] 件（けん）
- From: David J Iannucci
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] [OT] Prog Rock
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] 件（けん）
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] [OT] Prog Rock
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] 件（けん）
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links