Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:15:11 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?
- References: <4AF70063.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20091110014327.GC19475@example.com> <4AF8C76D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091110032313.GE19475@example.com> <email@example.com> <20091110051706.GG19475@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091110074710.GL19475@example.com>
Curt Sampson writes: > Oh, this list is just pushing all my buttons today. Either you or > the list admins (I'm not sure which) have decided that this topic > should actually be continued on both email@example.com and > firstname.lastname@example.org Fixed (for this thread only). BTW, that's one of my buttons, too: http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Blog/Software/ReplyToMungingConsideredEmCarefullyEm > > Most people on this list are aware that both are bad, and that of > > the two, trimming is actually more valuable to the readers.... > > Really? Looking back at the archives of this list to the beginning of > November, I see three top-posted messages, and eight non-top-posted ones > where the included text was significantly larger than the new text, Sure. But that's a biased sample: you're not sampling the list membership, you're sampling the people who don't get it.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] List of new words in Japanese
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] List of new words in Japanese
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links