Re: [Lingo] 上手・上手い

Stuart Luppescu wrote:

I seem to remember hearing 上手い spoken as じょうずい as a slang,
jocular term (in which case it would have the ``skillful'' meaning).
Also, from my experience, perhaps warped by reading mainly 漫画, the
most common ways to write うまい in the ``tasty'' meaning are

Interesting... One of the writings of うまい is 美味い and おいしい is written in kanji as 美味しい。 I think one meaning for these kanji would be 'beautiful taste'. Love it :)

Steve S.