[Lingo] 会うは別れのはじめ。 We never meet without parting.

steve smith writes:

 > How does this become "We never meet without parting."

Translated by somebody who speaks prose but thinks (s)he's a poet, I'd
guess.

More idiomatic would be something like "We never meet, but that we
must part."  But I don't think that kotowaza is so emphatic.  "Every
meeting is the seed of a parting" or "as we meet, we begin to part"
would capture the sense better, I think.