Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Lingo] RE: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:07:19 +0900
- From: <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] RE: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance
> -----Original Message----- > From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com Behalf Of > Josh Glover > Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:33 PM > To: Tokyo Linux Users Group > Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance > > Those Appalachia dialects are fun. I am a native of Appalachia, though > not from holler culture, and even I can have a hard time understanding > some of them. We had fun in a linguistics course that I took in uni > when we were studying the Appalachian dialects, because I could render > all of them from IPA *perfectly*, having grown up around people who > use the dialects we were studying. > > But this thread has probably wandered into Lingo-land now. :) > Anyone know a good resource to learn IPA? The Wikipedia article (or is it Wiktionary) is kind of.. well.. Not very well layed out. ^^;; Their charts make assumptions about what the reader already knows, and are not very informative. ^^;; -- Ken
- Re: [Lingo] RE: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Online reference for Japanese grammar?
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] RE: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Online reference for Japanese grammar?
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] RE: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Deliverance
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links