Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] isashiburi
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:56:26 +0200
- From: Niels Kobschätzki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] isashiburi
- References: <14178ED3A898524FB036966D696494FB8E4D6A@messenger.cv63.navy.mil>
On Aug 1, 2007, at 3:24 PM, <email@example.com> wrote:
Is there a literal translation of isashiburi? I have heard it used often in anime's and it seems to translate roughly to, "It's been a while," or "Long time no see."
I guess you mean "hisashiburi" (久しぶり) and your translation are right.
But the time doesn't need to be "that long".
E.g.: If a student of a weekly course skips one class, the "greeting" hisashiburi could be used as well.
- Re: [Lingo] isashiburi
- From: Godwin Stewart
- [Lingo] isashiburi
- From: burlingk
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [Lingo] isashiburi
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] isashiburi
- Previous by thread: [Lingo] isashiburi
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] isashiburi
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links