Re: tlug: txt/html to gif/jpeg?

At 02:30 99/12/25 +0900, you wrote:
> Is there an easy way of converting a Japanese document
> (text or html) to something (gif/jpeg?) that would be
> readable by someone who doesn't have a Japanese-capable
> environment (I suspect the recipient has a Mac that
> doesn't do Japanese).

>From LinuxPR:

   http://linuxpr.com/releases/917.html
   Open Japan releases version 2.0, source code
   Dec 27th, 19:46 UTC

   Source code of new version, with Japanese Input support,
   released under GPL.

   Open Japan today released version 2.0 of their Japanese
   viewing system, which allows all browsers to view Japanese
   text on the web by using GIF images. This new release adds
   important new features to the previous 1.5 release.

          Japanese Input support for katakana and hiragana
          Additional WebTV support
          Support for tags with Japanese text

   Open Japan is also pleased to announce that the full perl
   source code to the system will be released under the GPL,
   or GNU Public License for those interested.

   The 2.0 release builds on the 1.5 release, which added support
   for frames, Unicode, and printing.

   You can visit Open Japan at http://openjapan.cjb.net

   Open Japan runs on Red Hat Linux.

   (Submitted by Dan B of Open Japan)

---
A.Tomita,Jr.
atomita@example.com
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)