Re: tlug: Last night's RMS discussion

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Scott M. Stone wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
>
> > involved in building a complete Unix system.  Just try to
> > build a distribution without any GNU tools, this will be an
> > eye opener, I am sure.

> Sun did it :)

And what's one of the first things we all do with a newly installed
Solaris?  Uh-huh -- install GNU tools on it to make it comfortably
usable :-)

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)