RE: tlug: Re: bells and pings

A pair of needle nose vice grips (very small size) usually does the
trick.Easier to get is a nut driver (socket) that will do it, or if the head
is pretty rounded off, one slightly smaller than normal for that bolt, which
you tap down gently onto the damaged hex head.

I would not recommend the drilling out technique, as it is almost impossible
to avoid getting a tiny metal chip or two on the mother board, which then
shorts out and fries some vital part. If absolutely necessary to drill near
the mother board, even when drilling out a case lock, put a cloth with a
hole for the screw head over EVERYTHING,  and be very carefull. Think of it
as brain surgery.I burned up a perfectly good brandnew motherboard once
drilling out a lock on the OUTSIDE of case--it's amazing where those little
chips can get to, and how many little openings there are in a case.

Steve Carter