tlug: Ftape

Any ftape experts out there?  My dad is working really hard to get a
floppy tape drive working on his Mandrake Linux system.  He's pretty
new to Linux (a couple months), but working ahrd at learning it.
Unfortunately, I know basicaly nothing about ftape and very little
about Linux tape issues in general.  Can anybody shed a little
light on his situation, as detailed below?

TIA,

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from Douglas Byrne <dbyrne@example.com> -----