Re: tlug: memoery.

I have 80 meg on a machine with no L2 cache at all.  Performance without
L2 cache is not optimum, even on a slow machine like that (P100), but
it works.

Jonathan

Yong-Ming Hua (yhua@example.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I just wonder if someone could tell me info about memory. I seem to
> remember that any memory more than 64M needs onboard cache more than
> 512k. In our lab, it is time to replace good ol' servers with new PCs
> to which we intend to install linux. I just want to know exactly how
> much
> cache we need to put memory more than 64MB. Is 512k enough?
> (this is again rudimentary).
>
> Yong-Ming

TLUG Akihabara Tour: October 23 (Sat), 13:00 Shosen Book Tower 2F
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691