Re: tlug: Displaying BMPString on Console using printf in C.

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 04:05:21PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Frank, who should know better, writes:
>
>     Frank> On the other hand, once you've given a stranger access to
>     Frank> the console of your machine, why worry any further about
>     Frank> security?
>
> Diskless Linux workstation running on readonly NFS root.  I'll trust
> that with nonroot users, but not with root.

Aw, shucks.

Hmm.  If the partition containing the NFS root file hierarchy is mounted
RO to the server, it should give you another line of defense.  I'm still
wrong after saying this, but I feel better.  Sniff.

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts