tlug: kernel reconfig

I am reconfiging for plip, and had to reinstall kernel-sources and
headers because of a future time problem caused by my Bios' time getting
screwed.

I get through the entire build to the very last then:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.5/arch/i386/boot'
as86 -0 -a -o bootsect.o bootsect.s
make[1]: as86: command not found
make[1]: *** [bootsect.o] Error 127

at which point make errors 2 on make zImage or zdisk.

Any insight?

When I reinstalled the kernel source and headers, I rm -rf 'd the
linux-2.2.5 directory under /usr/src because the rpm -e couldn't/didn't
remove some .depend files and installing over them just caused more time
errors of the future sort...

Am I making any sense?  I have an RH6.0 sys.

TIA,
Eric

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.