Re: tlug: Netscape/Java

Hi,

>Muriyari Netscape is just like that (it's not called Muriyari for
> >nothing).  Lots of stuff crashes it, doesn't even have to be Java.
> >Quite a few forms tend to crash it, some CGI-generated pages crash >mine
>(especially search engine output, for some reason), and it >tends to put
>phantom bogus characters in input fields on forms from >time to time,
>leading my to use Lynx on a lot of that stuff.

>Is anyone using Mozilla?  If so, does it work with Japanese in >bookmarks,
>forms, etc., or does it scramble it?

*Laugh* Java with Netscape??? you must be kidding!!!

You should give w3m a try.  (Check freshmeat).  At the experience of
graphics, ssl, and java support, it handles japanese perfectly and even
renders tables.  If I remember correctly you can spawn another program to
handle graphics and etc.

Yours,
Austin K. Kurahone

<PLUG> This is the default Green Frog browser sice it's smaller than
lynx</PLUG>

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.