Re: tlug: Fw: Linux Web Server

Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> This is a far cry from your 'steaming pile of dogshit' allegation.  The
> 2.2.x series, with one notable exception, has been extremely stable.  One
> shouldn't bitch about the quality of a kernel if one isn't running the
> kernel (or hasn't been bitten by the bugs reported by third parties).

I *have* been bitten by the ifconfig-locks-the-box bug.  are you running
any patches on hikari's kernel or is it stock 2.2.9?

Anyway, i've been spending a lot of time with BSD people, so I hear at
least one derogatory comment about Linux every day - I'm starting to get
brainwashed, I guess.  But, my linux boxes at work (2.2.10ac12) work OK
and I don't feel like reformatting them.  Haven't touched my home
machine in months, mostly because my after-work entertainment now
consists of watching my new digital cable service and writhing in pain
on my living room floor (pain brought to me courtesy of diabetic
neuropathy).  So basically from my perspective, everything sucks :)

--
Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>