Re: tlug: ppp but not quite

    Tony> I can connect, but often cannot use a web browser nor
    Tony> upload/download mail. ping, traceroute and other things
    Tony> work.

    Neil> Sounds similar to a problem I have experienced.

I'm seeing ppp problems with kernel 2.2.x.  The specific symptom is
bitching about failed TCIOGET-nantoka-kantoka.  (I can dig it out if
there are any wizards who want to see.)  I do not even get to dial
out, there's a modem control problem.  The same setup works fine with
2.0.3x.

I have not gotten around to rebuilding pppd against 2.2.x headers, but
I suspect that might cure the problem.  Has anybody tried that yet?
(BTW, my pppd is the standard one that comes with Debian "potato.")  I
suspect the recent mucking around with the ioctl and pioctl code may
have changed things.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691