Re: tlug: Re: pine, mutt, Chinese, Japanese

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> Setting Unicode aside for the moment,
> is there any _single_ Japanese encoding
> that has been suggested to take the
> place of euc, jis and sjis?
> Seems like a needless hassle having
> to convert between two or three and
> make sure that software can display all
> of the three.

Unicode is exactly it.  Why set it aside?
I doubt there is any other.

--
David Beutel                  "Sunset in the ethereal waves;
jdb@example.com        I cannot tell if the day is ending, or the world,

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691