Re: tlug: PHT's HA Cluster License

"Andrew S. Howell" wrote:
> Where I found:
>
> "Pacific HiTech Announces World's First Linux Clustering Solution for
> Corporations; Asia's Largest Linux Company Demonstrates New Technology
> at LinuxWorld Expo. It is completely based on our virtual server
> patch. Although it doesn't mention any information of our virtual
> server project and our contribution in its announcement, it is our
> success after all. :-)"
>
> So, what are they licensing? Their monitoring tools? If they sold the
> tools seperately for a reasonable price, then I would not
> mind. Restricting me to a particular kernel just does not fly....

Regarding Wensong's allegations of the code being all his work, the
restriction to a certain kernel (the reason is technical, not legal),
why the cost is so high, I recommend you first review the Linux HA
mailing list archive (to avoid rehashing here what's been gone over).

Mailing list archive can be accessed from
<URL:http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=linux-ha&r=1&w=2#linux-ha>

and the main URL relating to this mailing list is at
<URL:http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/>

Most of the discussion related to this have message dates from
1999-05-12 to 1999-05-14.
--
PGP Key Fingerprint: D5B6 321C 0F82 117D EAC2 6D08 D942 FA38 7427 8195
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.