Re: tlug: Slightly OT - making a cross-ethernet cable

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Rex Walters wrote:

>     http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm

  Thanks for the link.  This'll be handy sometime.

> (1)  Off off topic bad taste joke of the day:

  Not a bad joke at all, but you know that I searched in TkMan with
no luck, checked the indices of three Lignux books, and even looked
in Kernighan and Pike's old _Unix Programming Environment_, before
finally finding a number of references to the decryption of ROT13
in O'Reilly's _The Usenet Handbook_ (it's a real handicap being
as old-fashioned and book-oriented as I am ;-)

  This was really the first time I'd ever run into this ROT13,
though I had heard of it.  For anyone who doesn't live in the
stratospheric realms of Emacs and had a similar problem, this
will do the trick:

tr "[a-m][n-z][A-M][N-Z]" "[n-z][a-m][N-Z][A-M]" < $1

  Cheers, and watch out for them hormones, guys.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform