tlug: Clustering Linux Boxes

Hi,

I was just thinking about what to do with my time now that I finished the
0.2a relase of GLF[1], and I was thinking about implementing a parallel
processing cluster with all the computers that I have.

Now the question that I have is that will making a cluster(eg: Avalon with
Extreme Linux) give me performace advantages for all my programs, or do they
need to be specially coded to take advantage of the cluster.  If they need
to be specially programed, what is the feasibility of coding/implementing a
transarent layer(a module maybe) that will allow the Linux kernel to
automatically distribute the separate threads/tasks to the various nodes in
the cluster???  Or do I have no idea what I'm talking about ;-)

Yours,
Austin K. Kurahone

[1]: If any of you guys who are coming to the nomikai want a copy of Green
Frog Linux on CD, I'll be happy to roast one for the cost of the blank.
Please e-mail me privately if you are interested.

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform