Re: tlug: Green Frog Linux 0.2a Released

On Tue, 18 May 1999 masatomo@example.com wrote:

>  I wonder if you or somebody put the archive on <www.tlug.gr.jp>.
> Thanks in advance.

The usual answer to FTP of large files from the TLUG server is "no," but
I will approve this one if it is either a private one-time download or
at least limited to a small number of people.   The reason is just that
we get our bandwidth for free and we can use it, but we want to be good
guests, so a lot of people downloading large files is something we want
to avoid.

Particularly, TLUG URLs should not be posted to slashdot or freshmeat
without advance approval from the server admin team.

I suspect that's what happened to linuxstart.com today: Greenfrog Linux
appeared on Freshmeat and they probably got creamed :-)
members.linuxstart.com is out of DNS, and www is very slow, but if you
wait a few minutes, you can load the Green Frog page at:

http://www.linuxstart.com/~austin/index.html

The download link may not work, though.  It's pointed to
members.linuxstart.com.

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 3-5334-1700   Fax: +81 3-5334-1701   Direct: +81 3-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform