Re: tlug: hostname setting of samba

    Tetsuji>   Thanks for your hints.....but....  My resolv.conf is
    Tetsuji> always set to point to two DNS servers.  Anyway I tried
    Tetsuji> with it being empty, but it still hangs...  strange....
    Tetsuji> This mess happens after I upgraded my Linux to RedHat
    Tetsuji> 6.0....  5.2 was fine.

Hmmm... I guess the next thing to try is disable sendmail at startup
and then use strace to find out what it is doing. Try:

strace -F -f -o /tmp/out /usr/sbin/sendmail &

/tmp/out will contain all the system calls that sendmail is
making. Have a look at that and see what it says. If it does not make
any sense to you gzip it and mail it to me privately.

Andy

P.S.

	Don't forget to kill sendmail, as /tmp/out will soon be
huge. You probably only need to let it run for a minute or so.

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.