Re: tlug: GTK+-1.2.3 undefined ref to .Xsetlocale

OK, I have it apparently successfully compiled and installed.  Maybe I
found the problem.  In the install instructions, it says:

------------------
The 'configure' script can be given a number of options to enable
and disable various features. For a complete list, type:

<SNIP>

*  --with-locale=LOCALE    locale name you want to use

The --with-locale options is used to determine if your operating
system has support for the locale you will be using. If not, X's
built in locale support will be used.

Because of bugs in autoconf, it is necessary to specify this
option even if your LANG environment variable is correctly set.

This option does not determine which locale GTK will use at
runtime. That will be determined from the usual environment
variables.  If you will be using multiple locales with GTK,
specify the one for which your operating system has the worst
support for the --with-locale option.
----------------

This seems to imply that it is mandatory to specify this as a parameter
to the configure script, so I did.  After that, just on a
hunch/whim/whatever, I ran make clean, ran the configure script again
without this parm, the ran make again and the compile ran OK, so I did a
make install and as soon as I try building something against the result,
I guess I'll know if I get to live happily ever after or not.

So, is it that:

1) The INSTALL file has bogus info;
2) I misinterpreted what it says (I've met the bogon and it is me :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.