Re: tlug: on demand dialing in pppd

Is there anyone who has done a similar thing using kmod and a newer 2.2.x
kernel? If so, I'd be interested in your experiences.

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com

On Wed, 5 May 1999, J. David Beutel wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know whether real on-demand dialing (with dinamic address
> > assignment) will be supported or not.   I found a substitute for pppd called
>
> I use kerneld to start pppd (with dinamic address assignment) on demand.
> It works fine.  Here's the relevant section from the Kerneld mini-howto:
>
> Dial-on-demand networking ...

[snip]

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.