Re: tlug: L2 Cache question

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Neil Booth wrote:

> source.  When I turned the L2 cache back on, and tried the same
> compile, the machine froze after about 90 seconds.
>
> Am I right in thinking that this is not a Linux problem but a pure
> hardware one?

I've never had an L2 cache larger than 512K, so I can't absolutely attest
it's purely hardware, but I run Linux (2.0.35 kernel) on a K6 233 (old K6,
not a K6-2) with 512K cache and have had absolutely no problems. We also
use K6-2 chips with various flavors of UNIX at work and have
experienced no problems at all, so unless someone points to a specific
issue regarding the size of the cache, I think you are right to suspect
the motherboard.

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.