Re: tlug: problems with Wnn 4.2

> Hi, all!
>
> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Matt Gushee wrote:
>

> > I'd strongly recommend you give XEmacs a chance. Nobody picks up emacs
> > instantly, but it's such a tremendously useful application ... and if
> > you can survive the first couple of weeks, you'll be fine. You might
> > even start to find it fun!
> >

> I hope! O:)
>
> Now I have another problem, this time with Wnn 4.2
> In one computer I have Debian installed, and Canna,Wnn and Xemacs-mule
> work fine, but in other computer I have installed Slackware, Canna35 is
> installed correctly but I can't compile Wnn 4.2 for this machine are there
> any patch for Wnn to install it under Linux? (I only have the source)
> Can I found anywere a compiled package for Slackware of Wnn? (I proved to
> install the debian package into an Salackware, but it don't work :(
>
> Thanks!

Right.  You need patches.  I met the same problem.  But think about this;
Canna is being developed now, while Wnn-4.2 will be taken over by Wnn-6,
commercial version, and its development will finish (or maybe has finished).
So I personally prefer Canna.  No reason to run old Wnn any more.   I am
contented with canna.
Sorry if it doesn't help you.

best regards,
--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.