Re: tlug: micro dry printers and Linux

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, warrior wrote:

> Specifically, I have found a good deal on an Alps MD-1000 printer for
> 9,800 yen at Seiden, but I want to make sure it will perform normally
> with Ghostscript, etc under linux. Anybody have any personal experiences
> with this?

The only problem that I can think of might be that no Alps printers are
listed on the ghostscript compatibility list, available at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/printer.html

> If this is a terrible printer choice, what are peoples' recommendations
> (for running on linux, of course)?

Recommendation wise, I like HP a lot.  I've been using HP printers for
about 7 years and have never been anything less than totally happy with
them.  Epson printers also produce very good print quality, but I'm not
sure if the machines themselves are as good as HP or not.  Anybody out
there have one?

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 3-5334-1700   Fax: +81 3-5334-1701   Direct: +81 3-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.