tlug: Japanese keyboard at console prompt

I just used Turbopkg to update some stuff in TurboLinux, and it seems to
have reverted to a U.S. keyboard mapping at the console (I use a jp106
keyboard).  Running Turboxcfg reveals that it no longer knows about a
jp106 keyboard map for the console.  Keyboard mapping is fine in X.

Can anybody tell me exactly what was broken here, and what I need to
track down to fix it?  I've been digging around without success for
about an hour now.  If this is just a matter of tweaking a file, please
aim me at it.

TIA,

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.