Re: tlug: More auction stuff [was Re: [Announcement] 4/10 TLUG Meeting

> Alberto Tomita in "[Announcement] 4/10 TLUG Meeting" wrote:
> > >      Raffle and items for auction
> > >      ----------------------------

> > >      * 1 Pentium Pro 200MHz machine (with ATX motherboard and big fan/heatsink)
> > >        donated by Global OnLine (http://www.gol.com)

Umm, this is not a machine, it's a motherboard and CPU w/fan.  Also, as
noted in my initial post, the CPU is believed to have a hardware
problem.  Specifically, it tended to encounter thermal shutdowns, which
is why we don't use it in our news server any more.  This happened in a
well air-conditioned, raised-floor computer room in a rack over an open
floor tile, so it's likely not an environmental problem.  The
motherboard is believed good, the CPU is believed flaky.

Still in all, it's a fairly decent item which I was sort of tempted to
keep, but since I have no immediate use for it, I asked that it be
donated to TLUG instead.

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691