Re: tlug: Wow - spendy.

>When someone absolutely, positively CANNOT lose that data, they will
>usually pay as much money as it takes to recover the data.

This is the thing. I have the feeling the price is not based on how much
labour, technology, or difficulty is used in solving the problem. Instead
it's based almost solely upon, as you say, the client's absolute need to
have certain bits of data recovered. Thus - highway robbery.
Welcome to capitalism.
But if someone here knows a possible justification by technical merit, I'd
be interested to hear it.

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691