tlug: The dreaded SUN ss2

Well, about a millenium ago I've tried to get the Sun SPARC station 2 to
run I'v bought at your auction, and now that I've found some free time,
I'll give it another try. The memory problem is solved (the SIMMS were
in the wrong order), now I'm confronted with the following error messages:

WARNING: TOD Oscillator NOT Running, Kickstart in Progress ... Incorrect con
figuration checksum;
Setting NVRAM parameters to default values.
Setting diag-switch? NVRAM parameter to true
Can't find keyboard table for keyboard layout code 22
Using USA keyboard table
Probing /sbus@example.com,f8000000 at 0,0  dma esp sd st le
Probing /sbus@example.com,f8000000 at 1,0  Nothing there
Probing /sbus@example.com,f8000000 at 2,0  Nothing there
Probing /sbus@example.com,f8000000 at 3,0  Nothing there

screen not found.

SPARCstation 2, Type 4 Keyboard
ROM Rev. 2.4.1, 16 MB memory installed, Serial #16777215.
Ethernet address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, Host ID: ffffffff.

The IDPROM contents are invalid
Memory error during DMA transfer.
DMA control register = e0000 , DMA address = ff00003f

can't clear interrupts

Testing  16 megs of memory. Still to go    0

SBus slot 0 le esp dma
SBus slot 1
SBus slot 2
SBus slot 3

Memory error during DMA transfer.
DMA control register = 0 , DMA address = ff02003f

can't clear interrupts
Boot device: /sbus/le@example.com,c00000   File and args:
-------

the screen not found message is because I've got no graphic card
installed, and I intend to run the ss2 as a web and ftp server (for my
site only) and do the installation via serial link and Ethernet. I've
got some new SIMMs in the machine (which should be fine) and some old
ones, which I digged out somewhere; could the memory errors mean, that
the old SIMMs are probably damaged?
The rest of the errors are just gobbedygook to me. I've never worked
with Sun computers. Anyone got an idea?

If you intend to reply to this message, please use my email adress
(kilian@example.com), since I've only subscribed to tlug-advocacy.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Kilian
*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691