Re: tlug: where are these packages??

    Tetsuji> Hi, I'm trying to install ghostscript-5.10j2.0.  I
    Tetsuji> downloaded the package from a PJE mirror site, and tried
    Tetsuji> to install with rpm.  However it gave me some packages
    Tetsuji> are needed to install this package.  I could find and
    Tetsuji> download some of them however there are some I couldn't
    Tetsuji> find in any PJE or other linux rpm ftp sites.  They are

    Tetsuji> cmpskit >= 2 is needed by ghostscript-5.10j2.0-3
    Tetsuji> libVFlib2.so.24 is needed by ghostscript-5.10j2.0-3

    Tetsuji> Anyone knows where they are?

I don't know what the first one is, but you can find the vflib at

http://www.cit.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~far/howto/gs-vflib.html

You will have to build it yourself, so you may want to try to find the
one meant to be used with PJE. The only reason for that is that GS
will have particular VFLib specific paths compiled it.

Make sure you get the VFlib 2.2 version, not 3.5.6. The later is not
compatible with the GS VFlib patch. I know, because I recently tried
and failed, which is why there is now a note on the above path.

Regards,

	Andy
*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691