Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

Returning to some old discussion:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Dmytro> That's make no difference. Still the same multiple
    Dmytro> chapters cut in parts and pieces ;(

    Dmytro> That's making me to believe it's a locking issue. If it is
    Dmytro> so, is there any way to overcome it or at least are the
    Dmytro> any information on it? Can I force locking in some way?

    Stephen> OK, you may be right, then.  Locking on Linux is very
    Stephen> complicated, since no one system is universally used and
    Stephen> several systems are implemented along with emulations.

So this issue is resolved now -- it was a Linux specific and it was
about file locking.

Below there's included a message from latex2html list which helped me
to fix my problem.

Still, even I understood the problem now, I'm not quite sure I
understand *all* the staff and am a little bit confused...

1. The same text (koi8-u) parsed well on SunOS, but fails on Linux
(OK, this is flocking issue, I'm OK with this)

2. Text of the same structure -- English original -- parsed OK on
Linux, but koi8-u counterpart fails on the same Linux. Is it that
flocking problem is triggered somehow by codeset, or what?

I'm not looking for answer actually. Just a mere rhetoric...  In case
anybody meets the same problem - from the post below it doesn't seem
to be language-specific.

- dmytro