tlug: differences between japanese input methods?

Ok, another question that's been burning to be asked:

I read Craig Oda's Linux-Nihongo guide (thanks craig),
and found a great deal of useful information. What I
can't seem to find anywhere is much in the way of
comparison between the different input methods
available (canna, wmm, etc.) and how they work.

Could someone point me to a place where I might find
such information in English?

[ Or, alternatively, everyone could post a really long
message explaining why the method that *they* use is
the best ;-) ]

thanks,
john

john seebach
shizuoka, japan
jseebach@example.com

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691