Re: tlug: Not Linux but a UNIX hardware problem

    >>> dd if=/dev/... of=... bs=512 count=1228800
    >> conv=noerror lets dd ignore read errors, if nothing else works.

    Dave> Okay, here's what I'm inputting and getting as output:

    Dave> % dd if=nrtape of=/Disk6/DAVE_TAPE/tape bs=512 count=1228800
    Dave> conv=noerror Read error: Not enough space 0+0 records in 0+0
    Dave> records out Read error: Not enough space 1+0 records in

    Dave> Please oh pleae tell me that I am not screwed... There must
    Dave> be a way to get the data off of this tape...

Dave,

	I think that maybe the "Not enough space" message is
misleading. What happens if you use of=/dev/null ?

That, in theory, should have enough space :)

What about you input device, nrtape. Unless you are in the /dev
directory, that it not correct. Well, it may be different on irix (??)
but at any rate, it should be the full path.

What happens if you use a small count=, say 1?

One last thing, have you tried cleaning the drive?

Regards,

	Andy
*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691