Re: tlug: cheating sendmail

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Dmytro Kovalev wrote:

> It works... sometime i.e. all local mails are not re-written, all
> mails I've sent to my own account (kov@example.com ) are not re-written
> (well, it's actually outside and after I've tested this I was pretty
> sure it will work). But I've forwarded one mail to my account at work
> and it came re-written as From: dk@example.com (I didn't masquerade
> my host, because I thought this would work).

Ah, hmmmm.  Let me see if I understand this:

Mail from dk@example.com to kov@example.com == "From: dk@example.com"
Mail from dk@example.com to dmytro.kovalev@example.com == "From: dk@example.com"

(really "localhostname"?)

Right?

Looks like we're halfway there.  The username is correctly specified as
"dk", now we need to convince sendmail to rewrite the headers a little
bit.

What does your sendmail.mc (the bit that generated the .cf) look like?

-- Chris

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691