Re: tlug: Accelerated X vs. Metro X

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Daniel Saito wrote:

> Has anyone looked into the performance ratio between these two?

*laugh* Metro isn't really a going concern anymore, based on the infusion
of Metro-donated code into XFree86.

Accel beats other servers hands-down on chips for which docs are available
only under NDA.

However, their support sucks and they engage in extremely deceptive
advertising practices.  I would go with AccelX only if I had _no_ other
choice[1].

-- Chris

[1] Like if someone was holding a gun to my head.  If the card isn't
    supported by XFree86, get a card that is.  Do _not_ reward vendors who
    do not release unencumbered specs by purchasing their products.

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691