Re: tlug: PCMCIA wireless networking in Japan?

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience using the PCMCIA wireless networking
> cards that are certified for use in Japan with Linux?

Only once (mid-1997), and the experience was negative.  The Japanese
variant of the WaveLAN.  Would detect fine, but no link light no matter
what we tried.  Both under linux and freebsd.

They may work now, but I haven't checked.

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691