Re: tlug: A myriad of mailers

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> (All together now!  In 4-part harmony:)

(envisioning a slight revision of Kansas' "Carry on Wayward Son")

> What were you gonna do, audit the whole thing?

*smile* I've been known to do such things when I need to look busy.

qmail didn't mean enough to me to fix.  I was looking for a reason to
stick with sendmail anyway.

That, dear readers, is why the TLUG server was not switched over to qmail.
I figured that if I could get it to dump core by halfheartedly poking at
it[1], it certainly wasn't going onto a production system.

-- Chris

[1] % telnet mailhost 25
    Trying 192.168.10.1...
    Connected to mailhost.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 random.sekiya.twics.co.jp ESMTP Qmail 1.32[2] Someday, sometime
    helo inasa.sekiya.twics.co.jp
    250 random.sekiya.twics.co.jp Hello inasa.sekiya.twics.co.jp [192.168.10.5], pleased to meet you
    mail from: wileyc@example.com
    Connection closed by foreign host.

    *whomp*

[2] Reconstructing this from memory, details differ.

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691