Re: tlug: Sun Keyboards on PC

(it's Saturday night -- why aren't we all out drinking? ;) )

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Jonathan Q wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it's not (Chris?).

It's possible, the keyboard protocol for type4/type5 keyboards isn't
_that_ far off from the ps/2 protocol.  I've never heard of anyone
building such an adapter, though.

> There is one way to find out, though: if you have a Sun keyboard or
> can borrow one, just plug it in and see.

*snort* Into what?  Even if one can get the connectors to mate, things
aren't going to communicate without an adapter.

Head count: those who want to try out XFree86 4.0 for sparc, contact me.
I'm especially looking for people  who hav framebuffers other than bwtwo
and cgthree ...

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691